Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields are growing rapidly, but they are still dominated by men. According to the National Science Foundation, only 26 percent of employees in STEM fields are women. If you’re a woman who is interested in entering a STEM field, don’t be discouraged! There are plenty of resources available to help you get started. In this blog post, we will list 10 of the best resources for women who want to enter STEM fields.
Here are 10 of the best resources for women who want to enter STEM fields:
- The Society of Women Engineers: The Society of Women Engineers is a professional organization that supports women in all stages of their engineering careers. They offer scholarships, networking opportunities, and job search resources.
- Women in Science and Engineering National Network: The WISE National Network is a professional organization that supports women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. They offer resources such as mentoring, networking, and conferences.
- Girls Who Code: Girls Who Code is an organization that works to close the gender gap in the tech industry. They offer programs for girls of all ages, including a seven-week summer immersion program.
- Black Girls Code: Black Girls Code is an organization that works to increase the number of women of color in the tech industry. They offer after-school programs, Saturday workshops, and summer camps.
- Latinas in STEM: Latinas in STEM is an organization that supports Latinas who are interested in pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. They offer resources such as scholarships, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
- Women in Technology International: Women in Technology International is a professional organization that supports women in all stages of their tech careers. They offer resources such as conferences, networking events, and job search tools.
- Girl Develop It: Girl Develop It is an organization that provides affordable tech education for women. They offer classes, workshops, and bootcamps on various topics such as web development, user experience design, and data science.
- Code2040: Code2040 is an organization that works to increase the number of underrepresented minorities in the tech industry. They offer programs such as a fellows program, an apprenticeship program, and a startup accelerator.
- Women Who Code: Women Who Code is a global organization that works to empower women in technology. They offer resources such as mentorship, networking, and conferences.
- The Grace Hopper Celebration: The Grace Hopper Celebration is the world’s largest gathering of women in technology. It is a conference that offers networking, career development, and leadership opportunities.
These are just a few of the many great resources available for women who want to enter STEM fields. With so much support available, there’s no reason why you can’t achieve your dreams!
Do you want to learn more about these resources, or want some help navigating them to encourage more women and girls into STEM careers? Schedule your FREE Wellness Consultation with me HERE!